BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The trip & other stuff....

First off...the trip was, overall, kind of unusual and kind of fun...

There were only girls signed up to go so it was pretty much a girls only retreat. BUT a six year old boy had to be taken with us too (cuz he didn't get to go to church camp -.-'). Yaaa um..he kept trying to..get in my personal space let's just say...anyway he kept getting on everyone's nerves and calling us weird names he just pulled out of the sky so we called him "laughing butter-bean". It suits him well I think..

Before we got to the campgrounds we stopped by at a museum. I wanted to poke the dinosaur skeleton soooo bad!!! XD There were really awesome "mood necklaces" and stuff at the gift shop. Too bad I didn't have my precious wallet...

The cabin was HUGE!! And very pretty :3 Everyone was freaking out because there was a hot tub there and they were all "I WANNA GET IN THE HOT TUB!! CAN WE GET IN THE HOT TUB?!" After we hung out in the lousy old hot tub, we were going to have a "beauty pageant". We were divided into 2 teams, and my team chose me to be the one to get all dressed up and show off my "talent" and such. I don't have any talents that can be displayed before an audience...so I had to make up a retarted dance on the spot. Hehe I won :)

Next day we went canoeing. I had never been before..I got paired up with my youth group teacher, Mrs. Abbie and Butter-bean. We were paddling in a very unusual way and that resulted in making our canoe go in all these random circles. We must've looked like a washing machine....Butter-bean was thrashing around and I was freaking out cuz I thought he was gonna tip the thing over (the water was 40 ft deep, btw. And I can't swim). I could tell the surfer dudes at the canoe place thought we were idiots..but what the heck..

In between all of this there was consumption of fudge, freakishly icy water, lots of Bible study, criticizing Justin Beiber (why am I even capitalizing his name??), going through a museum backwards (on purpose), being annoyed by Butter-bean, and annoying Butter-bean himself.

One of the best parts of this trip was trying to convert a Belieber to Skillet. And it worked!! Sort of. We all kept torturing her with the question "ok now that you've heard Skillet, who do you like better?!" In the end, she confessed she liked Skillet and JB equally. I was so proud of myself.

Pretty much the only thing I've been doing this week is watching as many episodes as I can of "Full Moon o Sagashite". I'm really lovin it :D My fave episode so far is 11 so I think I shall post it when I'm finished with this...and I read this really awesome & epic book (Prism by Faye and Aliza Kellerman). If you're into sci-fi or thrillers, I definitely recommend it :D

Oh and my favorite character in Full Moon is Takuto so I drew a piccy of him :3

0 comments: